Tuesday, August 25, 2015

THE TIME HAS COME

TODAY IS THE DAY! 

Myself and two other SALTers (Check out their pages with the links on the right hand side of this page! Dominik Berthold and Melinda Norris) will be boarding our plane at Dulles International Airport this afternoon around 5:00pm and will be departing around 5:40pm. Believe it or not, this is a direct flight to Africa. Yes, that is right... 18 hours without stopping. 

We should be landing in Johannesburg, South Africa around 5:15pm on the Thursday the 27th (which is approximately 11:15ET). Once we land in Johannesburg, we will board a smaller plane where we will then fly to Durban, South Africa, hopefully arriving around 10:00pm (approximately 4:00ET). 
Once we arrive in Durban, we will meet our Country representatives. 

From here, I am unable to answer many of the questions that most of you may have. In fact, I may actually be asking myself the same questions that you are. 
I don't know where I will be living.
I don't know how to speak Zulu.
I don't know who my host parents are.
I don't know my students.
I don't know how I will adapt to this culture.
I don't know what kind of food I will be eating. 
But, there is something I do know, and that is this...
This has been my calling and I am ready to learn as I go. I am ready to hopefully impact the lives of others. I find excitement in the unknown & am ready to embark on this journey of mine. 

I cannot thank you all enough for the endless love, support and prayers so far on this adventure.  I please ask that you continue to keep myself as well as all the other SALTers traveling overseas these next few days in your thoughts and prayers. It is greatly appreciated! 

I'm not sure when I will be able to update you all again, but will be sure to post a few pictures when I get the chance! 

Thank you,
Peace and love to all  

"live a life of expectancy, rather than a life of expectation"


No comments:

Post a Comment