Tuesday, July 12, 2016

RE-ENTRY

Waking Up in The States
Although I am still in disbelief that I am back in the United States, I have already been overwhelmed by the familiarity of being "home." This morning I woke up in Akron, Pennsylvania at the MCC meeting house and went for my first run. All the smalls things that were once "normal" to me and taken for granted each and everyday, came rushing back. The fresh smell of honeysuckle and cow manure, the endless rolling green sweet corn fields, the silos all around, and the horse & buggies passing by. The "freedom" to simply run by myself  as a female and not have the insecurity of my own safety pressing down on me. To see other young children playing outside in their yard and enjoying the summer air. All things that were once considered everyday normality's for me, are now cherished more than I can explain.  Although I am still trying to understand and process this past year myself, I can already see the changes that were made in myself. As I spend time here debriefing with all the other SALTers this week, I will continue to update you all 

No comments:

Post a Comment