Monday, September 21, 2015

Meet My Little Munchkins

Grade R

Here in South Africa, we use the term Grade R instead of Kindergarten. In my Grade R class, I have eight students. There are six boys and two girls. 
The school year here in South Africa goes from the second week of January until the first week of December. They will then have summer vacation from December until mid January. The reason behind this is their summer season (HOT season) will begin here in September and will continue until February. At the end of this school year (December), I will have two of my student moving on to first grade. The other six will remain in Grade R with me for another year. The reason behind this is because some students simply aren’t ready for Grade 1 yet. Also, some of my students are only 4 years old. Along with the 2 students moving to Grade 1, I will be getting a handful of new students. I have not been told an exact number yet.

Below you can find an individual picture of each of my students!

Sbulelo

Ntando

 Olwethu

Junior 

Bonga

 Zandiesiwe

 Lincoln

 Lihle 

Each of my students are truly such a blessing and I look forward to spending everyday with them. They have all already grown so much and I cannot wait to see where the next year takes us! 


Peace and love to all  
Allison Shade


2 comments:

  1. Love reading your blog! You are an inspiration. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable children, no doubt they will ever forget their first teacher, Ms Allison Shade. The world needs many more of you.. Auntie R

    ReplyDelete